Amarillo is the 14th-most populous city in the state of Texas with a population of approximately 200,000. Located at the northern tip of Texas, just below the border of Kansas. Once dubbed the “Helium Capital of the World,” Amarillo was once home to one of America’s largest helium fields. Today, Amarillo’s economy is mainly driven by the meat-packing and munitions industries.
The meat-packing industry is one of the largest employers in Amarillo. Approximately one-quarter of meat in the U.S. is processed in Amarillo. There’s also a thriving petroleum extraction industry in the area.
According to Bestplace.net, Amarillo has an unemployment rate of 3.2%, which is less than the current national average of 5.2%. The median household income is $47,053 per year. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 36.9% (as of 2018).
The Amarillo Economic Development Group cites the following companies as being the top employers in Amarillo:
• Baptist St. Anthony Health Care System
• City of Amarillo
• Amarillo College
• Amarillo Independent School District
• Xcel Energy
• CNS Pantex
• Tyson Foods, Inc.
According to Expatisan.com, one can expect to pay the following prices in Amarillo, Texas:
• The average monthly rent for a 900 sq. ft apartment costs between $932 and $1,104
• The average monthly rent for a 480 sq. ft studio costs between $698 and $756
• Monthly utilities (heating, electricity, gas, etc.) for a 900 sq. ft apartment cost around $223
• Monthly utilities (heating, electricity, gas, etc.) for a 480 sq. ft studio cost around $161
• A monthly ticket for public transportation costs around $50
• Average lunch in the business district costs $12
Where does one find the best jobs in Amarillo? Perusing Joblift.com is a great place to start but visiting onsite career and job fairs is also always a smart idea. This allows applicants to get an idea of what their employers will be like, as well as an opportunity to make a good first impression.
The Amarillo Job Fair is held annually at the Amarillo Civic Center North Exhibit Hall.
Over 80 employers offering full-time, part-time, regular, and seasonal jobs will be in attendance. Industries represented generally include:
• Food & Beverage
• Public Relations
If nothing catches you’re eye in Amarillo, be sure to check out job openings in one of these other great cities:
• (Corpus Christi)[https://joblift.com/Jobs-within-Corpus%20Christi,%20TX]
• (San Antonio)[https://joblift.com/Jobs-within-San%20Antonio,%20TX]
• (Baton Rouge)[https://joblift.com/Jobs-within-Baton%20Rouge,%20LA]