Corpus Christi is the eighth most populous city in the state of Texas, with a population of around 320,434. It is located along the southeast coast of Texas, approximately 150 miles away from San Antonio and 200 miles away from the capital city of Austin. Situated near miles of beach, the city offers employment in a wide variety of sectors, ranging from retail to wholesale and government.
Corpus Christi is home to the Port of Corpus Christi—the fifth-largest port in the United States—which deals mainly with petroleum and agricultural products. The Naval Air Station Corpus Christi is also located in the city and employees approximately 6,000 people. Additionally, Corpus Christi has a thriving services sector and much of its economy is based on tourism. According to Forbes, the following sectors offer the most jobs in Corpus Christi:
As of 2018, Forbes states that the median household income in Corpus Christi is approximately $50,000, which is slightly below the national median household income of $57000. Unemployment is at 5.5%. The gross metro product is $27,2 B.
Livability.com cites the following as being the top employers offering jobs in Corpus Christi, Texas.
• Naval Air Station-Corpus Christi (5,525)
• Corpus Christi ISD (5,178)
• CHRISTUS Spohn Health Systems (5,144)
• H.E.B. (5,000)
• Corpus Christi Army Depot (3,451)
• City of Corpus Christi (3,171)
• Bay, Ltd. (2,100)
• Del Mar College (1,542)
• Corpus Christi Medical Center (1,300)
• First Data Corporation (1,200)
According to Expatisan.com, one can expect to pay the following prices in Corpus Christi, Texas:
• The average monthly rent for a 900 sq. ft apartment costs between $949 and $1,215
• The average monthly rent for a 480 sq. ft studio costs between $890 and $1,013.
• Monthly utilities (heating, electricity, gas, etc.) for a 900 sq. ft apartment cost around $122
• Monthly utilities (heating, electricity, gas, etc.) for a 480 sq. ft apartment cost around $115
• A monthly ticket for public transportation costs around $31
• Average lunch in the business district cost $12
Where does one find the best jobs in Corpus Christi? Perusing Joblift.com is a great place to start, but visiting onsite career and job fairs is also always a smart idea. This allows applicants to get an idea of what their employers will be like, as well as an opportunity to make a good first impression in person.
National Career Fairs hosts an annual job fair in Corpus Christi at the Omni Corpus Christi Hotel at the following address: 900 N Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78401. Sectors represented usually include:
• Customer service